The Society for Calligraphy & Handwriting (SCH) was formed in the Fall of 1975 to promote interest and knowledge in the art form of beautiful lettering.
Membership is open to all, amateur and professional alike. The Society’s membership is concentrated in the Bellevue, Washington area yet extends throughout the United States. The affairs of the Society are planned and administered by an annually-elected board of directors who meet in session once a month. Calligraphic skill is not a prerequisite to serve on the Board, and the composition of SCH leadership has always reflected a broad range of skills. Board members serve without pay and lead committees of volunteers from the Society’s membership.
The current SCH Board Members are:
- Nancy Anderson, President
- Nancy Kloos, Secretary
- Bette Osman, Treasurer
- Sue Gruhn, Membership Chair
- Sue Gruhn, Workshop Chair
- Nan Robkin, Newsletter Chair
- Lisa Leong-Tsang, Librarian
- Kathy Barker and Lisa Leong-Tsang, Hospitality Chairs
- Laura Blaine, Webmaster
The open SCH Board Positions for the 2016 – 2017 year are:
- Records minutes at monthly SCH Board and general meetings
- Retains a file of minutes from all meetings
- Based on input from board members, may alter board minutes for final approval
- Maintains a current manual of policies approved by the Board
- Handles correspondence related to the activities of the Society and Board
- Maintains the Society’s archives
- Organize, maintain, circulate, and store the SCH library collection which consists of books, various newsletters, and other media
- Bring a sampling of library materials to each general meeting for members to browse and check out
- Keep track of materials that have been checked out by members and remind members after a reasonable amount of time that they have materials checked out that should be returned
- Be responsible for cataloging the new materials for the library that SCH might receive or purchase
If you’re interested in one of these positions, please contact us.
The Society for Calligraphy & Handwriting (SCH) is a federal, non-profit corporation, registered in the State of Washington. The By-Laws describe additional details about SCH.
For questions about SCH membership, our library, our newsletter, our meetings or workshops, please feel free to contact us on our contact page.