The Society for Calligraphy & Handwriting (SCH) was formed in the Fall of 1975 to promote interest and knowledge in the art form of beautiful lettering.
Membership is open to all, amateur and professional alike. The Society’s membership is concentrated in the Bellevue, Washington area yet extends throughout the United States. The affairs of the Society are planned and administered by an annually-elected board of directors who meet in session once a month. Calligraphic skill is not a prerequisite to serve on the Board, and the composition of SCH leadership has always reflected a broad range of skills. Board members serve without pay and lead committees of volunteers from the Society’s membership.
The current SCH Board Members are:
- Pamela Pincha-Wagener, President
- Nancy Kloos, Secretary
- Bette Osman, Treasurer and Librarian
- Sue Gruhn, Membership Chair
- Nan Robkin, Newsletter Chair
- Kathy Barker and Lisa Leong-Tsang, Hospitality Chairs
- Vacant*, Workshop Chair
- Laura Blaine, Webmaster
* The Workshop Chair position is currently vacant. SCH is looking for a volunteer to fill this position. If interested, please contact us.
The Society for Calligraphy & Handwriting (SCH) is a federal, non-profit corporation, registered in the State of Washington. The By-Laws describe additional details about SCH.
For questions about SCH membership, our library, our newsletter, our meetings or workshops, please feel free to contact us on our contact page.