The Society for Calligraphy & Handwriting’s (SCH) next meeting is Thursday, February 18th, at 7:00 pm Pacific via Zoom.
Cathy Shiovitz will present Playing with Color Inside and Out. Join us in playing with color in drawn letters. Our emphasis will be on using color to enhance our letters and the spaces between. We will be drawing “chunky” letters and not focusing on a particular alphabet. A suggestion of alphabet styles is given in the handouts. Let’s try out some new techniques using familiar materials.
Supplies needed include:
· pencil and eraser
· paper towel
· watercolors and 2 large water containers
· watercolor brushes (sizes 1-4 or whatever you may have and ¼” flat if available)
· micron size 03 or larger or other waterproof pen
· watercolor paper CP. They can be scraps but need to be large enough to try out the techniques (I recommend cutting your paper into 4×6” pieces)
· fluid metallic like a mixed pearlex, gouache, metallic wc palette or gold ink
· pointed pen nib or a small brush dedicated to metallics
· scrap paper
If you would like to attend this fun-filled meeting, please join SCH. Our annual dues are only $25. Our meetings are recorded if members cannot attend live and still want to enjoy the presentation. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.