The Society for Calligraphy & Handwriting’s (SCH) next meeting is Thursday, January 21st, at 7:00 pm Pacific via Zoom.
Violet Smythe will present “The Joys of the Flat Brush – A Floral Watercolor session—for Beginner or Intermediate or refresher“.
At this meeting attendees will explore painting with a flat brush, also referred to as a chisel brush. Attendees will develop the ability to manipulate the brush; control the angles and pressure changes to capture the “essence” of your favorite garden flowers.
Violet Smythe will demo the strokes as well a few flowers (like daisies, clematis…). The session is perfectly paced so that one can paint along with her. Participants can use these beautiful creations to embellish journals or adorn a special card or postcard for a special someone!
Violet’s artwork and calligraphy works can be viewed on her blog site at http://vsmythedesign.blogspot.com, Instagram @v.smythe or Facebook violet.smythe
Supplies needed include:
· bond paper
· watercolor paper (90 and 140# CP or watercolor greeting cards like Strathmore), perfect time to use those off cuts you have kicking around!
· watercolor paint and watercolour palette
· water container & paper towels
· watercolor brushes – 1/2″ flat brush (Gold Sable 850 series preferred but you could use Daniel Smith, or Winsor Newton or any other brand so long as it has spring to the bristles)
· pencil, Micron pigma pens and or gel pens
If you would like to attend this fun-filled meeting, please join SCH. Our annual dues are only $25. Our meetings are recorded if members cannot attend live and still want to enjoy the presentation. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.