The Society for Calligraphy & Handwriting’s (SCH) next meeting is Thursday, November 19th, at 7:00 pm Pacific via Zoom.
Lisa Tsang will be teaching a whimsical version of lettering using the B nib. The Speedball B-nib is a really versatile tool that can be used for a variety of fun scripts. Get comfortable with this monoline tool and then learn how to add weight and corners to your letterforms.
Here are the supplies needed:
– Handouts (to be sent with Zoom invite)
– A pencil and eraser
– Paper towel and pen wipe
– Favorite ink (walnut, Higgins, Pelikan, something that flows well)
– Speedball B-1, B-2 or B-3 nib and holder.
– If you don’t have B-nibs, you can use any monoline black bullet tip marker (Posca, Zig, other brand, not chisel or brush tip) and Black Fineliner (Micron, Faber Castell, extra fine tip Sharpie also works)
– Water container
– Paper (Layout bond, Rhodia, or bleedproof for pens)
– If we have time for some color blending, have three colors of ink, gouache, or Bisters
– Six well palette
– Short quote or word
Visitors are welcome to attend one meeting to see if they would like to join our guild. If you would like to join this Zoom meeting, please RSVP to email@example.com and we will send you the Zoom invitation and the handout prior to the meeting.
Our dues are only $25 a year. Members will receive Zoom invitations to all our meetings. We have an exciting year planned online, so we hope you join in the fun!